Model Question Paper
Written Examination for selection of Jr.Loco Inspector
Time: 3 Hrs.
The question paper is divided into 2 groups (A&B).The candidates are advised to attempt both the Groups.
Group – A
I.Answer any 10 of the following. All the questions will carry equal marks.
Draw a neat sketch of pantograph
Write the troubleshooting for external fault indication in static converter provided locos?
Write the No. of all standard form forms used in D&AR
How many types of switches provided in electric locomotives and explain each of them.
Write about exchanging of alright signals
a) What are the occasions that auto-regression of GR takes place write with trouble shooting?
b) How many ways relay Q118 will energies?
How you will improve the ‘C’ grade loco pilot to higher grades.
What is the procedure to impose minor penalty
a) Distinguish between Excluding and Continuous category
b) Distinguish between Supernumerary posts and Temporary post
c) Write the entitlement restrictions of various passes to running staff
a) List out the categories under HOER and indicate rostered hours of each category?
b)Expand the following
1) RITES 2) IRIEEN 3) COFMOW 4) RDSO 5) CORE 6) FOIS 7) COIS 8) IVRS 9) CRIS 10) IRISET
c) How many employees are required if 2 members working in a shift of
12 hrs roster and 8 hrs roster
Being a first official to the accident spot of train passed a stop signal at ‘ON’ how you will deal the situation.
a) Name of the Articles of constitution under which provisions for official language are made
b) Explain the Rule 12 of the official language Rules, 1976.
II. Write short answers to all the questions. All questions will carry equal marks
What is N/C I/L and N/O I/L and chronometric I/L
Which equipment is given the fourth option in the order of preference in obtaining line clear?
What are the advantages of air brakes
What is Un-Regulated OHE?
a) What are the awards established to promote official language.
b) What are the incentives permitted to employees to promote official language.
a) Who is authorized to operate Switch Mains……?
b) Explain what is unsignalled movement?
Write the standard form numbers for the following occasions in relation Disciplinary action
a) Order of revocation of suspension under Rule 5(5)(c)
b) Charges sheet for major penalty under Rule 9
c) Refusing of Permission to inspect documents
d) Appointment of Inquiry/Board of Inquiry
What are the states available in ‘C’-region in relation to official language act.
Who are all the persons to be nominated as defence counsel.
What is stocked and non-stocked items.
III. Answer all the questions. All questions will carry equal marks.
1. Electrolyte used in cell is ______ ( )
a) H2SO4 b) HCL
c) Diluted H2 SO4 d) H2o
2. If two single passes applies at a time, the route will be ( )
a) same b) different
c) not permitted d) a or b
3. In twin Beam headlight the rating of bulb is _________ ( )
a) 24V, 70/75W b) 24V, 90/100 W
c) 110V, 70/75 W d) 110V, 90/100 W
4 .Official language day is ( )
a) 16th September b) 15th September
c) 13th September d) 14th September
5. Nomenclature of C2A is _____ ( )
a) A29 b) A24
c) A31 d) A48
6. Averted collision comes under ________ classification of accident. ( )
a) Unusual incidents b) Indicative accidents
c) Train accidents d) Equipment failure
7. Number of days can be granted as quarantine leave. ( )
a) 15 b) 20 c) 25 d) this leave is not existing
8. Loss of one thumb will comes under _______ % of disablement. ( )
a) 10% b) 30% c) 50 % d) 70 %
9. S-1313 form used for ( )
a) stocked item b) Non-stocked item
c) local purchase d) short tender
10. ______ shall be used as 4th communication facility between two block stations.
a) Axle counters b) track circuit ( )
c) Auto telephone d) block telephone
IV. Fill in the blanks. All questions will carry equal marks. 20x1=20
1. If any fault exists Aux.power circuit of microprocessor loco, that will be indicated through _____
2. RGEB2 connected on _____ pipe line
3. The speed of the relief engine during night time in absolute block system___
4. Authority to pass advance starter in double line automatic system ______
5. Beyond ______ years age son not eligible for privilege pass.
6. Number of post retirement passes for group-‘C’ 33 years service completed retired employee is ______
7. _____ is suspension revoked standard form.
8. A retired Railway employee shall not have morethan ______ cases to act as defence helper.
9. The running staff roster under HOER comes under ______
10. The intensive roster staff working hours per day will be______
11. The workmen compensation act in force with effect from ______
12. Expand the PNM __________
13. Maternity leave will be sanctioned for ____ days for _____ employees.
14. ____ days shall be admissible for leave encashment.
15. A Railway employee after retirement may permit ____ days to retain the Railway quarters.
16. Expand LHAP_____________
17. After ordering within _____ minutes the ART should leave.
18. The running staff _____national holidays may be availed in a calendar year
19. The abbreviation of RDSO ___________The running staff member after attaining of 45 yrs. age should undergo for PME once in _____ years.